Lumbermen's Exchange Building
The Lumbermen's Exchange Building is located on the north-east corner of Chestnut and Water Streets. The building was built in 1890 and presently is the location of the Water Street Inn, a favorite dining spot with an outstanding view of the St.Croix river and the historic lift bridge. Immediately to the north of this location stood the Union Depot which brought the railroads to Stillwater. The Union Depot can be viewed in the photo above. It was razed in 1960 to build Hooley's Supermarket on the same site.